Pictures, pictures, pictures...
5.10.2008
...I picked one from each stop plus a bonus shot from the ship. If anyone wants to see more of something let me know - we took a gazillion pictures. :-D

Here we go!

Maderia:


Madeira was our only slightly rainy day...and it was drizzly more than anything else.

Seville:


The cathdral - one of the world's largest. Christopher Columbus's tomb is inside.

Gibraltar:


They have several colonies of barbary apes there and some don't mind tourists at all. Obviously. Don't they look soft?? I wanted to pet them but our guide said not to. Darn it!

Sardinia:


The pictures look better than it did in person. We were a bit disappointed in this port (Cagliari), actually. Not a lot to see or do. Sicily or Corsica might have been a better option - but who are we to say? ;-)

Rome:


Since the Vatican Museums were closed the day we were there, we chose an excursion that took us to the Spanish Steps, the Trevi Fountain (duh), the Piazza Novona, the Parthenon and to St. Peter's. After we dutifully threw our coins in the fountain, we rewarded ourselves with gelato. Yum!

Tuscany:


Unbelievably beautiful scenery!

Provence:


This was taken in Arles in the courtyard of a former hospital. Any van Gogh fans in the house?? This should look familiar to you.

Barcelona:


A lovely city! Fabulous architecture! Not just things like Gaudi's Sagrada Familia cathedral...all sorts of architecture. Still, it is Gaudi's city so I had to post this pic. Why can't you see the lovely, cloudless blue sky?? Because I was looking directly into the sun when I took this picture.

And, finally, a lovely sunset taken from our stateroom balcony:


We saw lots of lovely sunsets during our crossing and after we got back near land. And my mom managed to catch a sunrise or two after we started hitting ports (not me! I was snoozing). But this one is my fave because of the colors.


Any questions about any of the trip? Just put them in the comments. I will say we decided that doing a trans-Atlantic crossing would probably be better going the opposite direction. Having all the activity at the beginning of the trip and then having a week to recover would have been better. After having such a lazy week at see, all the excursioning was exhausting! LOL

Labels: , ,

 
posted by C2 at 8:34 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


At 10:20 PM, Blogger ~ames~

Lovely lovely pictures!! Of course I would love to see more. :P

I just want to go somewhere now, seing those. LOL

 

At 10:48 AM, Blogger C2

Thanks! I'll post more later in the week, I promise. :o)

You should start planning a trip while you're inspired. LOL