North and South
4.07.2008
So, you may recall I won a copy of North and South from Kristie J. I finally watched it Sunday - Friday was crazy so I had to postpone my viewing. Blah.

I really enjoyed it! :o) Did I love it to the degree Kristie loves it?? Maybe not - but, really, does anyone love it as much as she does? LOL (((Kristie))) I'm playing!

Other than my occasional struggle with the northern accent (apparently my frequent viewing of the first season of Doctor Who didn't help as much as I would have thought), it was lovely. Very atmospheric and romantic without romanticizing, if you know what I mean.

It was touching and uplifting and educational and sad and heartbreaking and happy and a whole lot more. I would recommend it to anyone who's on the fence and wondering if it is worth checking out. Yup, it is. :o) I found myself wondering about locations - especially the cotton mill. Do they really have one sitting around somewhere that they could go film in - with all the old equipment?? Maybe a museum or something. Surely nothing still in use - yikes! But, if they don't have something around somewhere, can you imagine the difficulty in making one from scratch and getting it authentic? Impressive!

What was the best thing about it??



;-)

Add me to the list of Crusaders, Kristie!

Labels: , , ,

 
posted by C2 at 5:39 PM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


At 9:33 PM, Blogger KT Grant

Welcome to our motley crew of N&S love and Richard of the sexy neck ;)

 

At 9:36 PM, Blogger Kristie (J)

Aha!! So you liked it eh? And you are a Crusader. Excellent, excellent. And if you're wondering about the different places they filmed, you can watch the first and fourth episode with the commentary on and they tell a lot about that very thing! It's a feature I don't know if that many know about. For example, they tell the story of the Master's Dinner and what RA does - it's quite cute.
I had a bit of a hard time with the accents too for a while - but now I think I can recite the whole movie.

 

At 9:11 AM, Blogger ~ames~

Woot! :P Richard definitely is the best thing about N&S. haha

 

At 3:07 PM, Blogger Sarai

Okay I loved Richard and I loved the whole thing. But the best part was watching them fall in love and the HEA was to DIE for. The train scene still haunts my dreams! I am a die heart fan and Amazon is not helping by holding on to it. DANG IT JUST DELIEVER IT ALREADY. I am suffering from withdraws!
Welcome to the fold.

 

At 7:08 PM, Blogger -blessed b9, Catalyst4Christ

Yo! It's R2D2!!!
S'up witchoo??