Better late than...
11.28.2008
You know I wouldn't forget it's Friday! Are you ready for this week's Friday Fun Fact, peeps? I know you are!

This week's topic: the Christmas tree! Why? Because my mother and I put up the parental tree today, of course. I iz tired. I'll take a pic and post it later, maybe. If I forget, here is a link to one in TwitPic.






On with the facts:


> Christmas trees have been sold commercially in the United States since about 1850.

> The best selling trees are Scotch pine, Douglas fir, Noble fir, Fraser fir, Virginia pine, balsam fir and white pine.

> The first decorated Christmas tree was in Riga, Latvia in 1510.

> Christmas trees are grown in all 50 states including Hawaii and Alaska.

> In 2002, 21% of United States households had a real tree, 48% had an artificial tree and 32% had no tree.




Tomorrow we shop! Of course, there may not be anything left.

Labels: , , ,

 
posted by C2 at 7:30 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


At 9:51 AM, Blogger KT Grant

Can I haz a penguin under my tree?

 

At 9:18 PM, Blogger C2

You can haz a penguin under your tree! If you've been a very good girl this year and ask Santa nicely. :-D