Suz news!
10.25.2008



*crackly PA system voice* Attention! ATTENTION!! We have cover blurb. I repeat, WE HAVE COVER BLURB!! */crackly PA system voice*

For those that don't know, Suz's next book is titled Dark of Night and is due out January 27, 2009. It picks up almost exactly from the end of Into the Fire. A couple of days ago, Suz posted the cover blurb on her bulletin board (you can get there from her home page - see linkage above).

Here we go:

Taking on the world's deadliest criminals is what Troubleshooters Incorporated does best. But now the elite security force faces a new and powerful threat from their most lethal enemy yet -- a shadowy government outfit known only as The Agency.

For years, operative James Nash performed ultra-covert "Black Ops" missions for The Agency, but when he walked away from their dirty work, his corrupt bosses weren’t about to let him go. After Nash is nearly assassinated, Troubleshooters team leader Lawrence Decker launches a skillful deception to neutralize the threat and protect his friend. With the FBI’s help, Deck fakes Nash's death, then brings him to a safe house with his fiancée Tess Bailey, to recover from his injuries and strategize their next move.

Only a handful of people know Nash is still alive -- and fellow Troubleshooters Dave Malkoff, Sophia Ghaffari and Tracy Shapiro aren't among them. Believing Nash is dead and that Decker has begun a romantic relationship with Tess, Sophia settles for second best and begins a love affair with Dave, who's adored her for years. But it's receptionist Tracy who alone puts two and two together, discovering the truth about Nash -- much to Decker's dismay.

As passions flare, Decker struggles to keep his scheme afloat, and keep Nash alive. But when he finds himself targeted for death, the game turns even more perilous, and Sophia, Tracy and Dave are swept into the deadly play. Under fire and racing to unmask their relentless adversary, the Troubleshooters know the closer they get, the greater the risks. But sacrifices and consequences come with the territory. No longer just solving a crime, they're fighting for survival -- and forced to choose between love and loyalty.


The cover:


Of course the speculation is running rampant over at the BB. Deck/Sophia 'shippers, Dave/Sophia 'shippers, Deck/Dr. Jo 'shippers...it's rampant, I tell ya! For me, I don't like Deck and Sophia together...that's not to say that Suz couldn't completely change my mind, if she goes that way, though. Still, I'm thinking that Dr. Jo is a good match for Decker. Even though we know very little about her. Sure, as we learn more, it might become obvious she is better suited to someone else (like Dave?) but, for now, I'm leaning toward her for our buddy Deck.

And Suz said this book closes out the story arc she started in Flashpoint. My speculation (contains spoilers for those who haven't read ITF yet) - highlight to read: Does that mean she's going to stop torturing poor Tess and Nash?

So, who do you think the main hero and heroine will be, peeps? And will any other couples hook up and get their HEA??

Labels: , , ,

 
posted by C2 at 12:15 PM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


At 10:11 PM, Blogger JenB

Confession: I've still never read a Suze book. *hides*

 

At 7:00 PM, Blogger C2

You still make me sad. You can run but you can't hide! LOL Try one! Don't let Holly scare you off.

 

At 11:24 PM, Blogger ~ames~

I haven't read the last book, so I didn't read your spoiler.

I really want to reread this series but I don't have time. :(

But this blurb sounds verra verra interesting!!!

 

At 6:47 PM, Blogger C2

You're so strong! Yup, it would spoil a subplot in Into the Fire. Every time I see my bookshelf with these books, I want to re-read. I don't have time either! *sob*

I like your spooky Jack avatar, btw! Very Halloween-y! :-D

 

At 11:39 PM, Blogger ~ames~

We should make time, dammit! LOL

It's christmas-y too! The perfect holiday avatar, two for one. :P

 

At 1:54 AM, Blogger CindyS

I love it when the Dancing Snoopys come out and play!

Hmmm, I did so love Deck but I didn't really like Flashpoint. More about the mission than a romance. I still have all my back reading to do first which just makes me all warm and fuzzy with happiness.

It was hard but I let Suz get in front of me in her publishing schedule and I'm chillaxing. If only I could do that with Anne Stuart, Nalini Singh and others. But then I would be sad.

JenB - pick up one of her re-releases, hmmm, which one is the question. I think any which were Loveswepts or Harlequins - they were smokin' hot!

C2 - maybe you should do a post on all the reasons why Suz rocks. If you don't have time maybe I can do one and talk about the favs and the not so favs.

CindyS