I'm IT and a whole lot more...
10.02.2008

Ames tagged me.

Here are the instructions:
Grab the nearest book. Open the book to page 56. Find the fifth sentence. Post the text of the next two to five sentences in your journal/blog along with these instructions.

Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual one: pick the closest. Tag five other people to do the same.


Here's page 56, sentence 5 of the most recent book I finished - plus the next, to finish out his thought):

"By Jove, you haven't changed a bit," he said and winked at her as he put her bonnet on her head. "Still the prettiest girl I've ever seen."

Maria wondered what Miss Dutton might think of that opinion, but she didn't voice her speculation aloud.


~from Laura Lee Guhrke's latest, Secret Desires of a Gentleman


In other news, I'm heading out of town tomorrow after work. I'm going to visit the 'rents - it's my mom's birthday Sunday - and then Mom and I are going to visit one of her sisters for the week. Wo0t! Shopping and eating and reading and sleeping, here I come!! I'll be popping in and out but I won't be around much. I'll have my phone with me as we're roaming, so I'll try to Twitter a bit.



Don't have too much fun without me, peeps!

ETA: I totally forgot to tag anyone! Duh. Okay - Holly, CindyS, JenB, Rowena and YOU - not-listed person, whoever you are.

Labels: , , ,

 
posted by C2 at 5:46 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


At 12:24 PM, Blogger ~ames~

I have that book on my wishlist. :P Is it part of a series? I'm one of those people who just buy books without knowing anything about them. Hmm...I think that explains something. LOL

Have fun with your mom!!

 

At 1:27 PM, Blogger C2

It is part of her Girl Bachelor series. I think this is the third book. They stand alone pretty well, though.

 

At 6:59 PM, Blogger Holly

I have this one in my wishlist, too. I really liked the other two.

Ok, I'll do this tomorrow at Book Binge.

Have fun visiting the 'rents and be safe!

 

At 10:58 PM, Blogger C2

I liked the others, too. And I'm a sucker for the childhood pals backstory. Youthful crushes, too. *sigh*