I'll take Quotable Quotes for...
5.31.2007

...well, for nothing, really. :o)

So, peeps, how about picking a favorite quote from a favorite book? It doesn't have to be your very favorite book...just a quote that stuck with you for whatever reason. It can be dialogue or description or dedication or anything you like. Isn't that easy?

Here are mine (I have two, because I can):

> From Lynn Kurland's The More I See You (I'm posting more than my favorite bit so you can get the context):

She picked a star and wished on it.

"A decent guy", she began, then shook her head. She was wishing, why not go all the way?

"All right, since we're here in England, I'll have a fair and gallant knight", she amended. "One with lots of chivalry. And I'd like one with a steady job, an even temper, and a house with room enough for a concert grand piano. And I'd like this man to love me at least as much as he loves himself. That isn't too much to ask, is it?"


The bit that stuck with me is the wishing for a man that would love her "at least as much as he loves himself". I completely get that.

My other favorite is descriptive (oh so perfectly descriptive). It's from Suz's Hot Target. It is a brief description of Robin as he is returning home after a very long night:

He moved in that hyper-careful, cringing, the-world-is-both-too-bright-and-too-loud manner of the super-hungover.

I'm not sure if Jules is doing the describing or if it is Suz but, either way, that is the best, most concise description of a hangover evar. LOL

Now might be a good time for me to mention again how much I'm looking forward to Force of Nature (scroll down a bit for the blurb). So very excited!! W00t!!!

Your turn, peeps. Have at it!

ETA: Suz was over on Romance Buy the Book/By the Blog today and posted a short excerpt of FON - and it features Jules and Robin (those of you who frequent by here know how much I love Jules - and how much I want him to end up with Robin)!! Go here to check it out. *happy dancing* Also, I'm out of town this weekend for a graduation extravaganza with the fam so I'll be scarce. Keep the quotes coming - you have all weekend to ponder and dig the books out of your keeper piles.

Labels: , ,

 
posted by C2 at 5:55 PM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


At 3:22 AM, Blogger CindyS

Dang. I don't have my books with me at the computer. I think one of mine would be an entire scene from an Anne Stuart book - yeah, what a shock ;)

CindyS

 

At 3:27 PM, Blogger Mailyn

I have the worst memory ever so yeah, no way I'd remember any quotes. LOL.

 

At 7:10 PM, Blogger Jennie

Okay, I've pulled out my favorite Crusie, Bet Me. The first couple paragraphs I think are hilarious. (Min's boyfriend is dumping her):

"This relationship is not working for me," David said.

I could shove this swizzle stick through his heart, Min thought. She wouldn't do it, of course. The stick was plastic and not nearly pointed enough on the end. Also, people didn't do things like that in southern Ohio. A sawed-off shotgun, that was the ticket.


That cracks me up every time. :)

 

At 11:27 PM, Blogger C2

Cindy - you have time to find just the right Anne Stuart quote (and yes I did expect your fave to come from her). :o)

Mailyn - stretch those memory muscles!! LOL

Jennie - I loved Bet Me! And I have a good many relatives in southern Ohio so I can attest to the accuracy of Min's thoughts there. ;-)

Welcome to Temptation is my fave of Jenny's books. Maybe I should have listed "Tucker for Mayor: More of the Same" as one of my favorite quotes, too. I want that bumper sticker so bad. Jenny needs to open up that Cafe Press store she mentions every so often. :-D

 

At 1:34 AM, Blogger CindyS

You know what, we should make this a meme. Okay, who threw that!

I'm going to make a note on my blog to pick out some fav. quotes and maybe we can get blogland to play ;)

CindyS

 

At 7:34 PM, Blogger C2

It sounds like a fine plan, Cindy...especially since I can't be tagged. I've already posted mine! :-D Wheeeee!