Since I played hooky today...
5.07.2007
...(I just couldn't stay awake!), I thought I would do my vacation book report. Since we had many days at sea, a few that were too cold and windy to venture up on deck, there was plenty of reading time. Yay! Usually, on a trip like this I try to take books that I think I will enjoy but not so much that I will want to keep them - that way I can abandon donate them to the ship's library. I managed to do that, mostly. ;-)

Anywho, here's what I read and my thoughts:

>Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison - this had been in my TBR forever! I really liked it and am looking forward to continuing the series. Not really romance but there seems to be some potential there for future books.

> The Marriage Bed by Laura Lee Guhrke (I always have to check the spelling on her name...I want it to be different, somehow) - even though I'm reading this series out of order - I hate that! - I'm still enjoying it bunches!

> Edge of Fear by Cherry Adair - the second in the Edge series. It's been so long since I read the first one, I'm not sure but I think I liked this one better. I usually enjoy her stuff, though. Wizard special agents!

> Atlantis Rising by Alyssa Day (aka Alesia Holliday) - excellent kick-off to a new series! I haven't read anything she's written under her other name but I may have to check those books out. I love Atlantis stuff! (I was trying for an ocean related theme on some of my selections.) A bit Dark Hunter-ish, maybe?

> The Nymph King by Gena Showalter - see, my ocean theme continues! I'm really enjoying her Atlantis series. It is lighter in tone than Alyssa Day's, by the way. I need to check on when the next one comes out.
> Calamity Jayne by Kathleen Bacus- another first in a series. More chick-lit-ish but enjoyable. I'll check out the others, eventually, but I'm not in a big rush.

> Code of Honor by Catherine Mann - another first in a series. It is similar but different to her Wingmen Warriors. These are single titles so they're longer and more detailed. If you like the occasional military romance and haven't tried Cathy's books - what are you waiting for??

> How to Abduct a Highland Lord by Karen Hawkins - her books are always fun. Oh, it's the start of a new series at a new publisher, too. I couldn't see any big differences between this book and the books she wrote for Avon, so if you liked her before you still will. A nice, light read.

I also started Katie MacAlister's Last of the Red Hot Vampires but put it aside (not in the right mood, I guess). So, of the books I took, I only came home with 3 (and a half) that I didn't read. Not too shabby, since it's hard to guess what I'll be in the mood for. On this trip, I seemed to be in a paranormal groove. :o)

Thoughts??

Labels: , ,

 
posted by C2 at 2:09 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: