I may need to move the crickets up here...
7.20.2007
...since soon teh interwebs will go silent in response to the fabulousness that is

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

What exactly is a hallows?? According to Merriam-Webster online:

Hallow - Pronunciation: \ˈha-(ˌ)lō\;
definition 1: (Function: transitive verb) (Etymology: Middle English halowen, from Old English hālgian, from hālig holy); to make holy or set apart for holy use; to respect greatly
definition 2: (Function: noun) (obsolete : a saint, a shrine, or a relic); Hallow as a noun has been rarely used for the past several hundred years and is considered obsolete except as a component in words such as Halloween and Allhallows. It is not listed in most dictionaries but has been added to this database because of the renewed interest in it sparked by the publication of J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.


See, peeps?? Even our friends at Merriam-Webster have been sucked into the HP madness! LOL

I don't think my copy will arrive until Monday so that means I'll be avoiding TV and online news for fear of the dreaded spoilers between now and then - and afterwards, too, until I finish. I don't watch TV news, so that's no big deal, but I do read the news online usually. Well, that stops today! I know they're lurking out there wanting to ruin everything but I won't let them. *shifty eyes*

Last person to go offline and read turn off the lights, please. ;-)

ETA: I got mine today (Saturday)!!! W00t!!!!!

Labels: ,

 
posted by C2 at 8:49 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: