The List!
1.18.2008
Okay, peeps, after searching through my unread books in ReaderWare, I have my list of 12 books that have been lingering in my TBR too long. Here we go -




1. Susan Andersen - Getting Lucky
She is an author I used to read and then stopped for some reason so...












2. Jo Beverley - An Arranged Marriage
I love JoBev's Malloren series but I haven't been able to get into her Company of Rogues series. This is the first Rogues book and I started it once and put it aside. The set-up for the main plot squicked me out (our heroine's virginity is gambled away and the winner's friends get him drunk and lock him in the room with her. I don't think he is the person who actually won her but they gave her to him. Obviously, she was not a willing participant. *shudder*






3. Marsha Canham - The Pride of Lions
Love her pirate books! And this series is supposed to be excellent. If it is, I'll have to pace myself...she is on a break from writing, although rumor has it she might be coming back soon.








4. Judy Cuevas - Bliss
Ah, Judy...wherefore art thou?? No new book in ages and an extremely hard-to-find backlist.












5. Barbara Freethy - The Sweetest Thing












6. Virginia Henley - The Pirate and the Pagan
Campy classic, yes?












7. Laura Kinsale - For My Lady's Heart
I love her stuff but haven't been able to make myself tackle this one.









8. Lynn Kurland - Star of the Morning
I know this one just came out last year but it is the beginning of a series and she is one of my favorite authors so...








9. Judith McNaught - either Perfect or A Kingdom of Dreams...help me out, peeps. Which one??
I'm not the biggest McNaught fan, I'll admit, so I'm not sure which one I should have in this challenge. Opinions, please.











10. Pamela Morsi - Garters
Another missing-in-action author. I've read most of her backlist but this one was lingering.






11. Nora Roberts - Born in Fire
I think I have mentioned that, as much as I love the In Death series, the books La Nora has written under her real name are very hit-or-miss with me (mostly miss). But this trilogy is in the mountain so here we go.







12. LaVyrle Spencer - Hummingbird
Another old fave of many.

Labels: ,

 
posted by C2 at 7:28 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


At 4:10 AM, Blogger CindyS

You'll need some time to read For My Lady's Heart but I think you will just love it. I haven't read all her stuff - only FFTS and this one and they both blew me away. You need to get through the first 1/4 of the book before the H/H start off a mission together.

I love both McNaughts - but if you are not her biggest fan than I would pick the contemporary one Perfect.

CindyS

 

At 8:13 AM, Blogger Kristie (J)

My vote goes to Bliss. With the exception of Virginia Henly (who I've never read) and the Lynn Kurland (who I used to read but then stopped reading her) I've read all the others you have listed. I'd also recommend Born in Fire and Hummingbird. I've tried a number of times to get into For My Lady's Heart and just haven't been able to.

 

At 6:20 PM, Blogger C2

Cindy - I know FMLH will take some time. That's why it has lingered in the mountain for so long. :o) I can do eet!!!! I'm still not sure about which McNaught to pick - I've read more of her contemporaries than historicals. Maybe changing things up would be a good thing? *pondering*

Kristie - I'll let you know how I do with FMLH. I'm not sure when I'll tackle it. That's the good thing about the list...even though I'm doing one book a month, I have the flexibility to choose what fits the mood of the moment.