Rock the...
2.05.2008

...so, if you live in a Super Tuesday state (I do), I hope you voted today. I did, even though I was home sick...patriotic, that would be me. ;-) Yikes, it was a struggle! My polling place had moved (I had no idea...at least there was a sign telling me where to go). As it turned out, the new location was practically right around the corner from my house- I could have walked, for crying out loud!

Does anyone else find it odd that I vote at a church (both old and new locations)? Maybe it's just me.

Labels:

 
posted by C2 at 4:12 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


At 7:11 PM, Blogger ~ames~

Good on ya for voting. :P

 

At 3:15 PM, Blogger CindyS

Still waiting on the results!

You know I asked that myself. Quite a few churches are polling places up here also. I'm all, 'what about separation of church and state?'. Then my one friend who goes to church explained about the business end of churches. Ahhhhh. They rent the space out but it does make you wonder, who wouldn't they rent too.

Okay, I've been inside too long and am rambling.

Yay for voting. I'm all about voting - gets me all excited every time.

CindyS

 

At 8:55 PM, Blogger C2

The voting thing was a bit strange, actually. The normal primary is in June but the powers that be wanted to be more "relevant" (attract more attention) so they changed the presidential primary to Super Tuesday. Just the presidential primary. So the ballot had a place to vote for president and delegates to the convention. Bizarre.

Speaking of bizarre - we actually have paper ballots that we mark and feed into a machine that counts the votes. I've lived here for 10 years and I still find that so odd. :-/