Another find!
9.16.2006
I finished Slave to Sensation earlier today (after just starting it last night). It was EXCELLENT! I'm so glad! Since I was part of the viral blogging attempt to get people interested in it, especially. LOL I'm still not a review writer but I'll do bullets. Here goes:
       Genre: Paranormal
       Is it a genre you enjoy?: Yup :o)
       Is this a new-to-you author?: Yes
       Will you read this author again?: Yes! A sequel is coming in the Spring!
       Will you recommend this book to others?: I believe I currently am.
       Did you like the cover?: It was okay. I don't really like people covers but at least this one was monochromatic and subdued. If they must put people on covers I prefer not seeing faces...but that's me.
       The good: I liked the way Sascha's character development was handled. It could have been difficult to follow but it really wasn't. I also liked that Lucas was alpha (literally and figuratively) without being obnoxious and overbearing.
       The bad: Nothing really...the bad guy was pretty easy to spot but everything else was so interesting, I didn't care.
       Overall grade: A

In a side note - someone mentioned in their review (sorry I can't remember who) that there was a lot of sex in the book and seemed to think there was too much (unless I misread and, if I did, I apologize). I guess there was a lot of sex but I didn't think there was too much. It didn't get in the way of the plot or slow the development of the characters - that's the only way there can be too much sex, if you ask me (oh...unless it is poorly written...that's just sad). ;-)

Any opinions, gentle readers?

Labels: ,

 
posted by C2 at 10:47 PM | Permalink |


9 Comments:


At 9:47 AM, Blogger Jennie

YAY! I loved this book too.

It might have been me who mentioned the lots of sex. Normally I find a lot of sex scenes distracting from the plot. But I thought it did work here, since it was all part of Sascha's awakening.

I can't wait for the sequel. :)

 

At 2:20 PM, Blogger C2

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

At 2:21 PM, Blogger C2

I don't remember if it was you, Jennie...it seems like everyone has been talking about this book for a few weeks as I surfed around. But I just found it nearby (stupid slow Walmart). And then when I was posting about it my memory was vague...I don't retain useful info, like, ever. Just trivia. LOL

Anyway, I'm with you on sooo wanting the sequel! I think the world she built for this series is WAY cool!

 

At 4:19 PM, Blogger ~ames~

I bought StS just this past week. But since I bought it at the same time as Lover Awakened, it had to wait. LOL But I do look forward to reading it, it's gotten so many good reviews.

 

At 12:14 AM, Blogger CindyS

Woohoo!! I recognize this template ;)

I loved this book also and am glad there will be more in this universe. Jennie did mention the sex but well, I like sex in my books ;) It was perfect and I don't normally like sex scenes in the beginning of the story because it breaks the tension but Singh figured out a great way to allow certain things to happen without ruining the sexual tension.

Yep, she has found a fangirl in me.

CindyS

 

At 10:44 AM, Blogger Mailyn

Pointless sex anoys me to no end. It's as if the author thinks that's what Romance readers are after. Like our IQ drops 100 points in their eyes or something. LOL.

I'm going to have to read this since everyone keeps pimping it. LOL.

 

At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

Looking forward to reading this one some time soon too!

 

At 5:55 PM, Blogger C2

Ah, Cindy S, I'm sure you do recognize this template - I'm so glad you found a new template because it sent me over to look around and I found a new template too! :o)

Yup, Mailyn...pointless sex is annoying. Like the author couldn't think of a plot and decided to do nothing but sex scenes. I mean, that's fine if it is what you're expecting (erotica, anyone??) but if you're expecting a plot and some character development...well, it's just not good.

Ames and Zeek, I think you're gonna like this one. :-D

 

At 4:51 PM, Blogger Kristie (J)

If the sex fits into the story and doesn't replace character development than I don't think there can be too much. And in the case of StS I thought it was just fine! In many books I just skip over it but not this one.