To go with the new theme...
11.26.2006
...I stole this from Stacy. :o)

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot chocolate, definitely! Egg nog?? Ick!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Wrap almost always - unless it's something huge.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
I'm in between - my lights are red, green and white (I love Target!).

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Yup - fake, though. :o)

5. When do you put your decorations up?
I start on Veterans' Day weekend - stop screaming! - I have a 9-foot tree that I decorate by myself, usually (unless I con someone into visiting). It has to be done in stages, people! I usually finish the weekend before Thanksgiving but I don't turn the tree on until after.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Although not, technically, a holiday dish - chicken and dumplings is my favorite, I think. We only seem to have it at a large family gathering of some sort so...

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
Hmmm...I'll agree with Stacy on this one. Watching all the TV specials - especially Rudolph and Charlie Brown.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I don't think I understand the question...what truth about Santa?

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Yup! Usually pajamas. LOL

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
Did I mention it is a 9-footer?? LOL It has to be systematic, peeps! Furniture has to be moved, carpets rolled up, then the ladders come in and I'm off!

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Love it when it starts on Christmas Eve and keeps going all the next day! The rest of the year, no thanks!

12. Can you ice skate?
Well, I have...and I didn't injure myself or anyone else. But I've only been, like, twice. I'm in the South, you know. ;-)

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
At the moment, no...I'll ponder.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
I love going home and hanging out with the family. It just wouldn't be Christmas without all the visiting.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
I love to bake Christmas cookies but I don't eat many of them (I get tired of them while I'm baking)...but my favorite to eat is my mom's sour cream pound cake - Christmas or any other time! Yummy!!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
The big family get-together. It's usually a few days after Christmas - but ever so festive!

17. What tops your tree?
Ariella Angelfrost. :o) Boyd's Bear topper - blonde bear in a red velvet dress with white fur trim and white wings. She's so pretty.

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving?
Both!! Nothing better than finding exactly the right gift for someone - unless someone finds exactly the right gift for me!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Traditional - O Holy Night; other - Santa Baby and All I Want for Christmas is You

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
Yum!

Anyone else want to play??

Labels: ,

 
posted by C2 at 9:19 PM | Permalink |


10 Comments:


At 7:21 PM, Blogger C2

Glad you can finally comment, Zeek! :o)

Have you ever tried the egg nog ice cream?? Double ick!!

 

At 9:15 AM, Blogger Mailyn

Love the new look! I don't think my winter layout will be up in time for the holidays what with the way I'm going. LOL. Love egg nog!!! But I agree that hot chocolate is better although I prefer flavored hot chocolate like mint or raspberry or french vanilla.

 

At 11:32 AM, Blogger C2

Aw Mailyn, egg nog is so goopy! :-p I love french vanilla hot chocolate, though. :o)

Sorry you've been feeling icky! (I've been trying to catch up on reading all my favorite blogs but I haven't been posting.)

 

At 5:50 PM, Blogger Stacy~

I love it when people steal stuff from me LOL. Look the new look - very festive. I need to change mine, but I haven't found one I like much yet. If only I knew how to do that code stuff. And I can only take eggnog in small doses. Doesn't an eggnog latte sound gross - steamed eggnog and expresso? Eww!

 

At 7:17 PM, Blogger C2

Stacy - I so agree on the eggnog latte!! Who ever thought those two things would go together?? I mean, I understand the gingerbread latte thing, kind of, but eggnog? Ewwww. :-D

 

At 9:08 PM, Blogger CindyS

I'm envious of your holiday template *pout*

And I'm so stealing this one - I think I'll put it up sometime tomorrow.

Cindy

 

At 9:43 PM, Blogger C2

Cindy - Steal away! LOL The template wasn't so hard to adjust...just a lot of trial and error. I'm glad everyone likes it! :o)

 

At 11:24 AM, Blogger Noneya

oh cute! love the template!
i'm so boring, never change mine up.sigh.

love target too!!!!!!!!!!!
*squeee*

i'm gonna steal your meem...very cool!
sandie

 

At 11:41 AM, Blogger Mailyn

where are ya? :-(

 

At 1:12 PM, Blogger C2

Mailyn - I'm in hiding! LOL No, actually it's baking weekend and I'm up to my elbows in cookie dough. :o) I enjoy the elf-ing duties at the beginning but by tomorrow I will wish to never see another cookie!