Woo hoo!!
11.14.2006


I believe I may have mentioned how much I love a Jules Cassidy (a character from Suzanne Brockmann's Troubleshooter series). :o) Everybody has a supporting character or two that they love and want to see more of, eventually in his or her own book...well, Jules is one of mine!

Anywho, in Suz's most recent newletter, she had the cover flap copy for her next book "Force of Nature" - coming to a bookstore near you, Summer 2007 - and no, this isn't Jules' book...but his is next! Yeah baby!! Anyway, the important part of the cover copy:

But in the course of his investigation, he comes face to face with
Robin Chadwick, the charismatic but self-destructive, closeted movie star for
whom Jules still feels a powerful attraction. Robin's in town promoting his
latest film --


And a bit more:

With Robin and Jules's help, Ric and Annie (the heroine and hero)
are soon entrenched inside Burns's organization,
surrounded by killers who may already have executed an FBI
infiltrator. Before long they realize that many more lives than just their own
will be at stake if they make a false move. As the heat rises, so do the
risks they're willing to take -- in the line of duty, for the sake of loyalty, and
in the name of something that runs even deeper.


So, not only do Jules and Robin meet up face to face BUT they work together on the investigation! WOOT!! And Suz has hinted pretty heavily that Jules' book will be next...however she manages to get it out. She has said that her publisher is open and supportive of Jules having a book of his own but we'll see when the time comes. I hope she's right...but that's a topic for another day.

So, if you're a Suz fan and haven't signed up for her newsletter go on over to the website (yes, it needs revamping...but I'd rather she write than wrestle with webpage overhauls).

Now, my question for you, gentle readers - who is the supporting character you hope gets a story of his or her own? Cat from "The Windflower" anyone?? Oh wait, that's me again....

Labels: , , ,

 
posted by C2 at 6:43 PM | Permalink |


14 Comments:


At 9:06 PM, Blogger Stacy~

I am so with you on Suz, and I was a typical fangirl when I got the newsletter talking 'bout Jules. I can't wait - it's gonna be good :)

 

At 10:06 PM, Blogger C2

Oh Stacy - it is gonna be so good! :-D Summer can't get here soon enough! I dread seeing Jules tortured by the evil Suz but it will be so worth it when he gets his HEA!!

So - Robin. Yes or no? (I say yes!! He just needs therapy! Lots and lots and lots of therapy...and the love of a good man, of course. LOL)

 

At 6:41 AM, Blogger Stacy~

LOL. Yeah, I wanted it to be Robin. That kiss was so damn hot, so I'm glad he's gonna be Jules' HEA, after all that therapy ;)

No one can make me swoon for m/m love but Suz! *g*

 

At 7:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

I loved Jules and Robin (man what a mess!) and would love to see them get together but I will wait for the reviews. I'm still harshing about Max and Gina ;)

Butch from Ward's series was the man I was waiting for but she made him kinda prissy in the last few books so I'm not sure about him anymore. I loved him in the first book and cared more about him than the H/H!

CindyS (sorry, anon again because the log in is messing with me grrrr)

 

At 12:09 PM, Blogger Mailyn

I can't remember anyone right now but I do remember when Devil In WInter came out I kept hoping Cam would have his own book and I'm glad Lisa is on top of it. Muahaha.

 

At 12:13 PM, Blogger C2

Stacy - you are so right about the kiss between Robin and Jules! HOT! ;-)

the Anonymous CindyS - I admit Max and Gina's story was not what I was expecting. It was better the second time through, I think, once the jumping around wasn't so jarring. Now Butch...I don't think she's made him prissy, exactly. Just into clothes - like maybe he's never had nice stuff before so he's really into it. Have you read any of the bits from his book (few though there have been) she's put up on her forums? Hot! ;-D

 

At 12:58 PM, Blogger C2

Mailyn - we must have been posting at the same time. Jinx! LOL I agree about Cam - that Lisa, she knew from the start he'd need his own book. :o)

 

At 2:44 PM, Blogger Suisan

Just posted a whole comment, cute and witty, and it's gone into the internet ectoplasm!! Wah.

Short version:

I can't remember these guys names, but there are two secondary characters from two separate Laura Kinsale novels who totally and completely need their own lady loves.

One is the Officer at the end of Seize the Fire who nurses the Hero back to health after he stubbornly refuses to accompany the heroine home, so as not to burden her furhter. Officer is witty, quiet, and kind, but manages to convince the hero that he's being an ass.

The other guy who really, really, omigod, please oh please write this book, needs his own story is from Flowers from the Storm. I can't remember his name, but he' the smart friend, not Colonel Fane, who keeps Jervaulx' dogs while he's in the asylum and who tricks Maddy into marrying Jervaulx. Loyal and smart, with an easy sense of humor. He needs to bump into a moralizing spinster who needs a little thawing.

 

At 2:44 PM, Blogger Suisan

Cam too. :)

 

At 2:52 PM, Blogger ~ames~

I'm retarded. I never signed up for Suz's newsletter.

BUT I can't wait for Jules' story. I love Jules. :P

 

At 3:59 PM, Blogger C2

Suisan - Sorry your brilliance was lost to the ether the first time. ;-) Laura Kinsale always has interesting characters that could so carry a whole book. It's a shame she doesn't do series, mostly. I'll have to crawl thru the Keeper shelves and jar my memory on these guys. :o)

Ames - I may be forced to do a countdown to Jules' book (once she starts writing it). LOL I love Robin too...poor thing. He breaks my heart (and he loves Jules as much as I do). And Suz's newsletter isn't regular, I don't think...it is just on Suz Time. :-D

 

At 4:58 PM, Blogger Mailyn

I remember the dude from FFtS!!! But I don't remember his name either. LOL.

 

At 5:26 PM, Blogger Noneya

Hmmm.
Robin.

I haven't signed up for the newsletter though...good?

Sandie

 

At 5:58 PM, Blogger C2

Sandie - the newsletter isn't bad. It isn't just an excuse to say "go buy my books" you know? Sometimes info on a charity, sometimes a list of favorite movies, etc. :o) This time she mentioned a holiday CD her son likes and a cookie drive for overseas troops.