Trip Report - part deux!
10.13.2006
Okay the computer and I have rested and I finished picking my favorite pictures, so we're off again!

Our next stop was Santorini (Greek island with an Italian name, go figure). If you've seen Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, that's where Lena goes, I think. It looks like it, anyway.



Then we went to Kusadasi, Turkey - the gateway port to the ruins at Ephesus. Very cool! The picture is what's left of the library.



Our next port was Mykonos - in the morning we took a boat over to the island of Delos, the legendary birthplace of Apollo.



Then in the afternoon, we walked around Mykonos - beautiful! One of the places I would go back to visit.



Next up - Athens! The obligatory Parthenon pic:



Then on to Olympia, site of the first Olympic games.



Our last stop in Greece - Corfu.



Finally, the cruise ends in Venice - truly unique and beautiful...so you get two pictures! The first one was taken looking across the Grand Canal just at dusk (that's the moon, by the way). The other one was taken from our water taxi when we were on the way to the airport - the view of St. Mark's Square from the water.





That's the trip, gentle readers!

Labels: ,

 
posted by C2 at 9:02 PM | Permalink |


14 Comments:


At 10:48 PM, Blogger Suisan

What lovely photos.

I especiallly like the last one--St Mark's Square from the water. Just beautiful.

Welcome home.

 

At 11:59 PM, Blogger Marg

I never made it to Greece when I was over there!! Your pictures make me want to go now!

 

At 10:37 AM, Blogger Dev

I am so jealous. I've wanted to go to Greece forever. One day I'll get there. You're pictures are absolutely beautiful!

 

At 12:07 PM, Blogger C2

Thanks for the compliments, peeps! :o)

It's easy to take good pictures when you've got that kind of material to work with - taking a bad picture was hard!

Oi! The difficulties when it comes time to narrow down for scrapbooking!

 

At 9:33 PM, Blogger Kristie (J)

What gorgeous pictures!!! Can I say I'm envious as hell?

 

At 1:53 AM, Blogger CindyS

Wow! That library! How strange it is to see something like that standing without a bunch of warning signs.

Beautiful pictures!

Cindy

 

At 1:16 PM, Blogger C2

Kristie - there were lots of Canadians on our ship. You could join the next sailing! :o) I highly recommend cruising as the way to go!

Cindy - we didn't have time to go explore the library up close - our tour guide was determined to keep us ahead of the pack - but you can get pretty close up. It isn't as roped off as the stuff on the Acropolis.

 

At 3:44 PM, Blogger ~ames~

Yay! Thanks for posting more pictures. I really liked SotTP and thought Santorini was beautiful. All that white with splashes of color. Good stuff.

 

At 8:35 PM, Blogger Mailyn

Jealous! Jealous! Jealous!!!! I have wanted to go to Europe for like forever but I am scared of flying and it's too long to Europe. Oh and I have a friend in Greece! LOL.

Fantabulous piccies!!!!! :-)

 

At 9:37 PM, Blogger C2

Ames - I agree about Santorini! Exactly what you picture when you think "Greek Isles". :o) I'll have to post a picture showing the steps the donkeys (and people) go up and down. Yikes! We took the cable car.

Mailyn - didn't you just get back from Vegas?? How did you get there - walk?! LOL I'll admit the flight is long but soooo worth it! The flight back is worse - vacation is over AND you can't sleep because it's daytime the whole way! Blah.

 

At 3:49 PM, Blogger Mailyn

Ha! You have too much faith in me. Did you not read my Vegas post and the drama that unfolded before we ever took off? LOL.

 

At 5:31 PM, Blogger Noneya

I have the same picture framed in our lower level family room. I always tell my husband "I'm going to visit there one day!"

I'm so glad you got to!
How stunning!
Thanks for sharing!
Sandie

 

At 5:47 PM, Blogger C2

Oh Mailyn - I hadn't read the whole Vegas post...I just read that you had been and were back. ((((Mailyn)))) And then today's post too - great big hugs to you!

I'll share a Vegas story, too - last November some a bunch of my friends were meeting in Vegas and on our flight a woman had a panic attack and had to deplane. The flight attendants were not particularly sympathetic (we had already pulled away from the gate and were taxi-ing to the runway) and her husband just seemed embarassed. Jerk! The other flyers weren't too upset - we were already delayed...what difference did a little more time make? Between that and the very drunk frat guy sitting next to me, it was a memorable flight! :o)

Sandie - tell the hubby to put the trip on his schedule! You would sooo enjoy it! :-D

 

At 9:11 PM, Blogger Jennie

You're so lucky! I'm glad you had such a great trip.