Avast ye there mateys!
9.19.2006

In case you be a lily-livered land lubber (and live under a rock) - today be Talk Like a Pirate Day!! Arrrrrrrr

In related sea-faring news, my mother and I are getting ready to head off on a Mediterranean cruise (hey! I heard that muttering over there...). WOOT! We leave Thursday afternoon but things will be busy between now and then so my online time will be limited. I'm taking the iBook and there is internet access onboard so I may be able to sneak in a quick update somewhere along the way (we have a couple of whole days at sea).

So everybody be good (or don't get caught being bad) and I'll be back in a few weeks!

Oh, and go see Mad Ethel for some most excellent pirate books! Or you have to walk the plank!! Nobody wants to walk the plank, me hearties! It's worse than keel-hauling! Arrrrrrrr!

Labels: , ,

 
posted by C2 at 6:26 PM | Permalink |


9 Comments:


At 6:56 PM, Blogger Marg

Enjoy your holiday!!

 

At 7:04 PM, Blogger CindyS

Wow! Have a great trip. I think you should talk like a pirate while on the cruise. It might make people run from you and therefore the pool, spa area etc. will not be packed!

Are you packing any books?

CindyS

 

At 7:12 PM, Blogger Mailyn

LMAO!!!! You are a riot! Thanks for stopping by. Damn it I keep forgetting to add you to my links so I am doing it right this second!

Have fun on your trip!!!!!!!

 

At 7:18 PM, Blogger C2

Thanks for all the good wishes!

CindyS I am packing books (not sure how many)...I'm going to try to pack a variety since I don't know what kind of mood I'll be in. Plus, I don't want to take any potential Keepers in case I need to jettison them to make room for souvenirs. :o)

 

At 10:02 AM, Blogger ~ames~

Hope you have a good time and because I am a visual creature (but still unobservant at the same time) I am making a request for pictures!! Have fun. :P

 

At 2:43 PM, Blogger Jennie

I am crazy jealous and hating you a little bit right now. LOL. I wanna go too!!!

OK, I can be an adult. Have a wonderful trip!!

And I second Ames's request for pics so I can live vicariously.

 

At 2:45 PM, Blogger Jennie

I am crazy jealous and hating you a little bit right now. LOL. I wanna go too!!!

OK, I can be an adult. Have a wonderful trip!!

And I second Ames's request for pics so I can live vicariously.

 

At 4:49 PM, Blogger Kristie (J)

Ooooh - a cruise sounds wonderful!!! Just the perfect place to kick back, relax and read some good books :) And I bet you'll be thinking more about what books to take than what clothes to take :) Have fun!!

 

At 7:19 PM, Blogger C2

Ames and Jennie, you bet I'll be posting pictures...probably not from the ship but definitely after I get back! :o)

And Jennie - don't be hatin'! ;-) LOL

Ah Kristie, this will not be one of the restful cruises...I've been on those and highly recommend them. This one is the kind of cruise with an excursion every day, practically, that we have to go on because we might not get back to the area.

I'll check in when I can. Try to keep the blog-o-sphere under control til I get back!