Well, Mailyn asked for it...
10.20.2006
...so here are a few more vacation pics. Just shots I thought were cool or pretty. :o)

A copy of David that sits in front of Florence's city hall where the original used to sit before it was put in a museum (that was closed the day we were there). My mom is obsessed with David! LOL


The harbor at Capri. So beautiful there!!


The top of a temple (I don't remember which one) at Ephesus. It's Medusa, of course...our guide made a comment about how she was so feared back in the day and now she's the symbol of Starbuck's. :-D


Part of a statue on display in a museum at Olympia. The color is funky because the picture was taken through glass.


A statue of Achilles (one of many) at the Achellion Palace on Corfu. I've got front and back pictures of another one where he is more scantily clad...I may post those later. }:->


A cool view of spires and stuff, looking out one of the arches of the Doges Palace in Venice.



Have I convinced anyone to make their reservations yet??

Labels: ,

 
posted by C2 at 9:14 PM | Permalink |


12 Comments:


At 10:24 PM, Blogger Mailyn

If it wasn't for the flying!!! I wish they had a round trip cruise. I'd have no problem with that! The pics are gorgeous! I still have to scan mine.

 

At 10:44 PM, Blogger C2

Well, there are round-trip cruises...but you have to have plenty of time. LOL

We're thinking of cruising to Hawaii - that one is round trip from LA. But I'm sure I've read about circle cruises to Europe. Aren't you in Florida? Ft. Lauderdale is Cruise Central!!

Scan, scan, scan!! We want to see Vegas!! :-D

 

At 3:40 PM, Blogger Marg

It's nice to see a photo of Capri. The day I went there it absolutely bucketed down the whole day, and the ferry trip was rough!!

 

At 4:36 PM, Blogger C2

Marg - I'm sorry you had bad weather for Capri. It was the prettiest place we visited!

We had the downpour at Pisa. Yikes!

 

At 11:48 AM, Blogger ~ames~

I really like that last picture! The angle of it is very interesting.

I'm going to start saving my money. LOL

 

At 1:23 PM, Blogger C2

You know, Ames, that picture was a fluke. I was trying to get a shot of the carvings on the inside of the arch and that's what came out. :o)

I love my digital camera but it's hard to see the display when it's sunny so sometimes I just took the picture and hoped for the best.

 

At 3:36 PM, Blogger ~ames~

LOL C2, those are the best shots a lot of times I think. I did that once with my brothers, trying to take a good shot of them, I snapped the picture too late and I got a bunch of hilarious but silly faces. LOL

 

At 5:20 PM, Blogger Mailyn

LMAO! I so need to scan. I just have no time. This is one helluva busy month! I should post about this. LOL.

 

At 7:22 PM, Blogger Kristie (J)

OK - it's official. I'm still jealous as can be *g*. More gorgeous pictures they are!

 

At 9:19 PM, Blogger C2

Ames - I think you're right! It must be the photography gods looking out for us. :o)

Mailyn - scan, scan, scan!

Kristie - LOL I recommend starting the cruise fund immediately and looking at calendars to see when you can go. :-D

 

At 12:40 PM, Blogger Stacy~

Just gorgeous. Yeah, I wanna book my reservation right now!

 

At 6:20 PM, Blogger C2

Go for it Stacy! :-D