A (bit past) Mid-point review and a meme
8.12.2007

So, I mentioned that I was going to steal the Book Bitches' idea of listing the best books of 2007 (so far). As I looked back over my notes - that were sadly behind, btw - and looked at the pile of books I hadn't any notes on, I could only come to one conclusion. Although I have read many good books this year, I haven't read many that were excellent. I knew I had been re-reading a lot of old faves but I hadn't exactly realized why...

Anyway, with that disclaimer out of the way, here are my top 7 of 2007, so far:

#1 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, J.K. Rowling - I mean, honestly, could it have been anything else?! I think not. ;-)
#2 Natural Born Charmer, Susan Elizabeth Phillips - always excellent! Now if she would only give me Teddy's story...
#3 When I Fall in Love, Lynn Kurland - she's one of my very, very faves and doesn't get as much buzz as she could, says me.
#4 The Billionaire Next Door, Jessica Bird - proof that category romances don't have to feel flat or rushed or mediocre.
#5 Atlantis Rising, Alyssa Day - a strong start to an interesting series
#6 The Secret Diary of Miss Miranda Cheever, Julia Quinn - I'm a sucker for childhood crush stories. :o) I was afraid I would miss the Bridgertons but I didn't.
#7 Dead Witch Walking, Kim Harrison - enjoyable and intriguing. I haven't read the second book of the series but I have it on the pile, near the top.

Anyone else want to play??



And speaking of...Ames tagged everyone for a middle name meme, so I'll do that one - because my middle name is short. LOL Here we go:

1. You have to post these rules before you give the facts.
2. You must list one fact that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of their middle name. If you don’t have a middle name, use the middle name you would have liked to have had.
3. When you are tagged, you need to write your own blog post containing your own middle name game facts.
4. At the end of your blog post, you need to choose one person for each letter of your middle name to tag. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.


LOU (Oh yeah, like I would make that up.) Anywhoo...
L - LOLcat addict (my middle name...let me show you it)
O - Origami-challenged...seriously, I got an origami-a-day calendar last year and didn't make it past March. Sad.
U - Uncontrollable reader. Just try and stop me from reading...anything, anywhere. If nothing is available, I'll go back over favorite scenes in my head.

By the way, did I happen to mention that Force of Nature comes out in less than 2 days?! Break out the Snoopys!!


ETA: Hey, CindyS - where are you?? Your blog isn't loading on My Netvibes. :o( Nevermind, Ames explained. :o)

Labels: , ,

 
posted by C2 at 5:33 PM | Permalink |


8 Comments:


At 7:00 PM, Blogger ~ames~

your middle name is short. and i love how you're addicted to the lolcats too. :P

so you're a fiend too now. i'll do my list of top reads this week. do they have to be from 2007 or that i have read in 2007?

 

At 7:16 PM, Blogger ~ames~

also-cindy had to make her blog private. she tried to email as many people as she could, but i don't think you have an email posted around. would you like her email address?

 

At 7:19 PM, Blogger C2

Yup - I joined you in your fiendishness (I wouldn't want you to be lonely LOL). ;-) Books you read in 2007 are fine, says me.

And yes, please - if you would either send Cindy my addy or send me hers, that would be great. I wouldn't want to miss out on anything. :o)

Me: clcsothersn@aol.com

Thanks chickie!

 

At 10:40 PM, Blogger ~ames~

i sent cindy an email. :P

ok-this list is going to take serious thought because i read a LOT of good books this year.

 

At 2:42 PM, Blogger Jodi_Lee

Origami challenged? I'm thinking if you made it ALL the way to March...you're doing pretty good! LOL

You and your snoopy's - you make me laugh. :P

 

At 5:42 PM, Blogger C2

But, Jodi Lee, I didn't say how successful I was until March. LOL Let's say 75% successful, maybe...

 

At 10:19 PM, Blogger Mailyn

I'll have to agree with HP since I've no clue about the rest. LOL.

Is your first name Mary? Cuz Mary Lou is kinda cool.

 

At 5:36 PM, Blogger C2

Mailyn - Nope, not Mary. Yikes! Think something more Suess-ian. LOL