Shame on me...I'm a bad blogger!
2.24.2008


I know I've been missing in action a lot lately. Getting all the home theater stuff set up and getting data transferred from the iBook to the macBook, getting ready for a friend's wedding and getting all the vacay plans together has taken more time than I thought. Blah. Still, the home theater is up and running (including the HD DVR - W00t!). I finally got the stuff transferred to the macBook, I don't have to do anything else for the wedding for at least another week and only a couple of little things left on the vacay planning front. Yay!

Speaking of HD - wow, high definition is not the friend of aging actors and actresses! Eek! Somebody put a filter on the lens or something! ;-)

Next on the agenda - my taxes. Double blah.

Labels: , , ,

 
posted by C2 at 1:29 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


At 7:09 PM, Blogger Stacy~

I had heard HDTV is pretty unforgiving, and you see all the flaws.

 

At 9:00 PM, Blogger C2

Yeah, you do! I was watching Boston Legal last week and Candice Bergen is a lovely mature lady - but somebody needs to mention lip plumpers to her.

I noticed lots of lip wrinkle issues on ladies of all ages. Eek! Lipstick seems to make it more obvious. Gloss is your friend, girls!

;-)

 

At 6:59 PM, Blogger CindyS

We did the HD stuff in November and now I can really tell when the show I'm watching hasn't been shot in HD. Up here there are only 10 HD channels and apparently the DVR doesn't record in HD. Lots of weird stuff that leaves me wondering if I ever really know when something is crisper ;)

And at least you are getting stuff done!

Cindys

 

At 7:33 PM, Blogger C2

Hey, Cindy - I was just commenting on your blog. Great minds!

We don't get all that many HD channels yet, either, and I had to get a different cable box even though I had DVR before, too. That was unexpected.

It really is amazing how different some things look if I flip back and forth between the regular channel and the HD version. Sometimes in a frightening way. Yikes.