Trivia time!
1.17.2007
> What were the first items referred to as gadgets?

Now, you know I love me some gadgets!! LOL According to the trivia book sitting on my desk at work (and I'm at home so excuse any awkward wording):

> Gadget was first used in France in 1886 in connection to small, metal replicas of Statue of Liberty that were being sold in Europe to commemorate the big version. "Gadget" came from the name of the originator of the miniatures - M. Gaget.


See, don't you feel smarter already? :-D

In other gadget news - how do you like the SNAP thing I put on the blog (roll over a link to see what I mean)? Cool?? Or annoying?

Labels: , , , ,

 
posted by C2 at 6:27 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


At 6:39 PM, Blogger C2

Yup - here I am, replying to myself. Sad.

Anyway, I notice that the SNAP pop-up isn't absolutely up-to-date. It seems to be lagging a couple of days behind. I will investigate! *swoops off*

 

At 12:35 AM, Blogger CindyS

I love the SNAP pop-up and it was of baby tigers - Awwwww!

CindyS

 

At 8:45 PM, Blogger Kristie (J)

I've seen quite a few people now have Snap - it's pretty cool!

 

At 8:57 PM, Blogger C2

Yup - I'm liking it. Of course, I notice it way more on other sites than on mine since I tend not to surf by my own blog.

It's pretty nifty, I say, even if doesn't update as fast as it could (the baby tigers were posted over at CO yesterday, btw). Hey, it's free! :-D