I am such a winner!
8.20.2007

I was chosen as one of Cindy's Share the Love winners! Yay! Go me!! She (and her lovely assistant Bob) captured it all on video, even. So fun!


In other interesting bits - I ran across this over at USA Today:

Ever question an author's plot decisions? Now, romance novel readers will get to hear why Victoria Alexander made the choices she did when Avon Books publishes Lady Amelia's Secret Love (on sale 9/4/07, $3.99). It's an e-book with embedded video starring the author. Much like a DVD extra, as readers makes their way through the downloadable e-book, Alexander will pop up onscreen at various points to talk about the plot’s turning points and her characters.

Fascinating.

Labels: , ,

 
posted by C2 at 5:08 PM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


At 6:46 PM, Blogger Marg

Whilst that would be interesting I'm not sure if it would be distracting at times as well. Will be interested to see what people think when they start reviewing the e-book!

 

At 7:28 PM, Blogger C2

Marg - I agree, it could be very distracting. Maybe it's really like DVD extras and you can turn the feature on or leave it off.

Plus, I wonder why they chose Victoria Alexander to be the test author...have they had complaints about plot choices she has made in previous books so they want her to defend herself from the beginning? Or was she the only author brave enought to step up? Or????

 

At 10:51 PM, Blogger Mailyn

I'd find that VERY distracting. Plus I don'r normally care why an author did what they did. Unless it was something majorly fucked up. LOL.

 

At 5:44 PM, Blogger C2

Mailyn - LOL :-D

 

At 10:59 PM, Blogger ~ames~

Congrats on the win! You got some mad skills as well, I congratulate you. :P

 

At 9:03 PM, Blogger Kate Diamond

I always love a "behind the scenes" look, whether it be an author explanation, a deleted scene, or bonus information about what happened to the characters after the book.

That said, I think that sort of content is best accessed on a website where it won't distract me from the story!

 

At 11:53 AM, Blogger C2

Kate - welcome! I don't think I've seen you around before. :o) And I agree - while behind-the-scenes looks are fun and interesting - I'm not sure this is the best way to do it.

I'll be curious to see what people say after it actually releases. It may be way cooler than it sounds.