KEEPER!!
8.16.2007



Yup, peeps - I finished Force of Nature last night and it's a keeper! :o) It was ever so excellent! I'm going to put my thoughts in white so those who don't want to read spoilers can avoid. If you want to read more, highlight away.

So, I'll admit, going into the book I didn't think I would be very interested in Ric and Annie's portion of the story. I was reading for Jules and Robin! But I really liked Ric and Annie - way more than I expected. And it helped that the plots were woven together so much. Still, the big reason it's a keeper is because of Jules and Robin. *sigh* I have always been a Jules/Robin 'shipper so I'm so glad I was right. ;-) Watching them both struggle with the reality of what their relationship would be, if they went for it...and each one thinking that the other one deserved a chance to succeed while knowing that any relationship they might have would make success difficult...and fighting the chemistry and the attraction and ultimately losing the fight. *big sigh* Fabulous! Yes, the love scenes between them are a bit vague. It's a shame, really. I know Suz has to balance on a fine line but I think most readers could have dealt with a bit more, even if they aren't normally fans of MM romances (and those of us who are, could have handled lots more LOL). Anywhoo, as I said, I really enjoyed Ric and Annie, too. Annie was one of Suz's best heroines, says me. Girlfriend kicks ass! No shy retiring violet here, peeps! And that Ric had always wanted her and didn't think he would ever get her (thanks to her ratfink brother)? I love that! Childhood crushes that carry over into adulthood are a fave plotpoint of mine. :o) And Martell was fabulous - Suz has already said that we will be seeing more of him. And how cute was Pierre?

I can't wait for All Through the Night! I hope we see lots of Jules and Robin in the future and I'm so glad they get their own special book! Yay!!!


It goes without saying that there will be SPOILERS in the comments, so read at your own risk.

Labels: , ,

 
posted by C2 at 6:59 PM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


At 5:14 AM, Blogger CindyS

Woohoo!! I'm so happy for you and I'm happy that one relationship I wanted to see happen came to fruition but I might want to wait one more year so she gets ahead of me.

CIndyS

 

At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

I loved it too! Bout to write my own review! Love Jules and Robin! Woo hoo!

 

At 4:16 PM, Blogger C2

Cindy - well, she does have the novella coming in November remember. :o)

Mollie - weren't they fabulous?! I look forward to your review (especially since I don't really review...mine are more like non-reviews). :-D

 

At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Ha, well mine wasn't much of a "review" either. Sigh. But I really enjoyed it!

 

At 12:15 AM, Blogger CindyS

You've won Dance by Cuevas over at my place!

CindyS