Impulse purchases...part 2
8.06.2006
So, I finished The Return of the Highlander. I'm not sure how to describe it. The premise was interesting (the chance to right a great wrong, remember), the characters weren't cardboard, the plot wasn't too involved or too boring or too stupid...but will I read the next book in the series?? Eh. Maybe. If I find it at the UBS.

I should have liked the book more than I did. I mean, it is so the type of thing I normally like but...it was just okay. I kept wanting to pick up something else but I made myself stick with it. I think my main problem was with the pacing. At least, I'm going to blame the pacing. Things just seemed to move too slowly or drag or something. If anyone else tries this book, I'll be interested to hear what you think.

Up next, Susan Grant's Your Planet or Mine? - I'm about halfway through and enjoying it. :o)

Labels: ,

 
posted by C2 at 1:23 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


At 11:24 AM, Blogger ~ames~

Where are you? Are you ok?

And have you finished What Planet are you from? I want to know what you think about it-it's sitting in my TBR.

 

At 4:40 PM, Blogger C2

((Ames)) I'm fine! However, the clutter in my house is about to stage a takeover so I've been fighting the good fight. Too early to say who will be victorious though.

I really liked Your Planet or Mine?, I have to say. It is similar to her first book, I'm blanking on the title. A good, quick read that sets up the next books in the series without being too obvious. I don't want to spoil anything for you so I'll say I have a theory about the hero for the sister's story but I'm not sure how SG will pull it off.

 

At 8:39 PM, Blogger ~ames~

Ok-glad you're fine! But the clutter sounds dangerous. LOL Who am I to talk? My bedroom is a mess. I have a path to walk through to the bed and the computer desk. But that's all I need, right?

 

At 9:49 PM, Blogger C2

Ah, paths...yup, I have those, too. LOL I'm trying to widen them at least. The clutter is infringing..sneaky clutter!