Word of the day...
8.03.2006
...from Dictionary.com, today's word is:

concatenation - \kon-kat-uh-NAY-shuhn; kuhn-\, noun:
A series of links united; a series or order of things depending on each other, as if linked together; a chain, a succession.


So I, of course, started thinking about book series. :o)

Some of my favorites series:

Lynn Kurland's de Piaget series
Jo Beverley's Malloren series
J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series
J.D. Robb's In Death series
Suzanne Brockmann's Troubleshooters series
    By the way, Into the Storm is out week after next (the 15th)!! Woo hoo!!

Of course there are tons more that I enjoy - Julie Q's Bridgertons, Lisa K's Wallflowers, Sherri's Dark-Hunters and a zillion more. :o)

What are some of your faves?? Any hidden gems that need some good words scattered around the Blog-o-sphere?

Labels: , ,

 
posted by C2 at 5:38 PM | Permalink |


8 Comments:


At 11:23 PM, Blogger Dev

Well, you showed my 3 favorites (Julia Q, Lisa K & Sherrilyn K). The only other one I would add is Eloisa James' Duchess series.

 

At 8:21 AM, Blogger ~ames~

I like JR Ward and Suzanne Brockmann.

I would like to recommend Charlaine Harris. Very good. Hmm...I like Karen Marie Moning too.

 

At 5:09 PM, Blogger C2

Oh yeah! How could I forget KM Moning?! Love her! And Eloisa too - how excited am I about Pleasure for Pleasure! (So excited!!) :-D

 

At 9:46 AM, Blogger Mailyn

If we can include trilogies then I'm going with Bishop's Black Jewels. Awesome stuff. Can't say I like any other series because mostly I'll just read the one or two books in it that I like and skip the rest. LOL.

 

At 2:50 PM, Blogger C2

You know, I keep seeing stuff about the Black Jewels trilogy...I'm going to have to check into them. :o)

 

At 5:36 PM, Blogger Kristie (J)

The Compass Club series by Jo Goodman is wonderful!!! It's about 4 friends whose titles make up the 4 points of a compas - North, South, East, West. What really sets these ones apart is they all take place in roughly the same time period so you read one scene in a book from one perspective and the same scene in another book from a different perspective. They're very good and I highly recommend them. Another looser connected series is Lion's Daughter, Captives of the Night and Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase. And yet another series I recently read and really enjoyed and there are more on the way, are the Romney Marsh books by Kasey Michaels.

 

At 5:55 PM, Blogger C2

Oh - I LOVED the Compass Club!! :o) And Lord of Scoundrels/Captives of the Night/Lion's Daughter group too! I haven't tried the Romney Marsh books, though.

Keep them coming, everyone!

 

At 10:18 AM, Blogger dancechica

I also like JR Ward and JD Robb.

I second Ames's Charlaine Harris rec. I like that series too.

Also like Patricia Briggs's Mercedes Thompson series, Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld series and the Weather Warden series by Rachel Caine.

I second Mailyn's Black Jewels trilogy rec. I just posted a review of the first one. I really enjoyed it.