Book stuff
1.27.2007
I wasn't tagged but I've been a bad poster and I currently lack inspiration so I'm doing the latest MeMe. :-D

Contemporary, Historical, or Paranormal?
I love them all but I'll admit paranormals hold a special place in my heart.

Hardback or Trade Paperback or Mass Market Paperback?
MM if I can...but, since I lack patience, HB if I have to. TS just annoys me (although I have a few of those too).

Heyer or Austen?
Well, neither, really...but, if it has to be one or the other, I have actually read a Heyer (The Grand Sophy) and it was okay. I love the movies based on Austen, though. Am I showing my shallow roots if I say I prefer books to have sex? ;-) Traditional Regencies don't seem to have the same pay off as other romances set in the Regency period. Yup...shallow, that's me.

Amazon or Brick and Mortar?
If it is a bookstore, I'm there. Although, I will say I prefer BN.com to Amazon for books.

Barnes & Noble or Borders?
Well, we don't have Borders, exactly. Ours is still a Waldenbooks, so it would qualify as a Borders Express, I suppose. But I go to both...any bookstore, anywhere!

Woodiwiss or Lindsay?
Both, back in the day. Now?? Neither, really. Does Woodiwiss still write or has she passed away? I'll check and update. And the last few Lindsays I read were disappointing.

First romance novel you ever remember reading?
Gypsy Lady by Shirlee Busbee. Yikes! But before that there had been countless, unremembered Harlequins. :o)

Alphabetize by author Alphabetize by title or random?
In a perfect world, with plenty of space and time to maintain? Alphabetize by author. In my life? Originally alphabetized by author then crammed onto shelves so they don't fall off (as I add to my Keepers or re-read old faves).

Keep, Throw Away or Sell?
Keep - if I love it or if I enjoyed it and it is part of a continuing series. Sell - everthing else. Throw away - never!!! Well, maybe if it was damaged beyond repair. But that's the only time!

Read with dustjacket or remove it?
Remove it.

Sookie Stackhouse or Anita Blake?
Neither. I made it to Blue Moon with Anita but I had to stop. I read the first Sookie book and enjoyed it...but not enough to read the rest, apparently.

Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks?
Chapter breaks - and wow do I hate it when authors break a chapter right in the middle of a scene! Or scene breaks if I'm really tired or if it a book by one of those annoying authors I mentioned. ;-)

“It was a dark and stormy night?” or ?“Once upon a time”?
Once upon a time. :o)

Crusie or SEP?
LOVE them both! But SEP wins by a smidge.

Buy or Borrow?
Buy, almost always. My reading tastes don't coincide with my friends' very often so borrowing isn't often an option. And my library isn't convenient.

Buying choice: Book Reviews, Recommendation or Browse?
Yup. Reviews from people with similar tastes, recommendations from trusted sources and browsing in case anything fell through the cracks.

Tidy ending or Cliffhanger?
Tidy!! A cliffhanger is okay for the (very rare) mystery I might read but that's it.

Morning reading, Afternoon reading or Nighttime reading?
In a perfect world (can you tell I don't live there??), any time is a good time! However, in my life, nighttime.

Series or standalone?
I'll admit, I loves me some series. But sometimes a good standalone is just the thing.

Favorite book of which nobody else has heard?
I think everyone has heard of most of my faves. :o) But, a very old, early, early fave was a Harlequin (before they had all different kinds, even) called Every Wise Man, written by Jacqueline Gilbert.

Anybody else want to play??

*ETA* Ms. Woodiwiss is still alive and well. :o)

Labels: , ,

 
posted by C2 at 12:31 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


At 5:44 AM, Blogger CindyS

Wow. I could have written this! Except for having read Heyer because I really don't read books with no sex. AND if I get suckered into it I get pissy ;)

CindyS

 

At 6:15 PM, Blogger C2

CindyS - it's like we're twins or something! :-D The only reason I tried a Heyer was because so many people were raving...blah, blah, blah. I didn't see anything so awesome but, I said it before and I'll say it again, I'm shallow.