Ask me how smart I am...
11.06.2007
...or how paranoid, depending on your point of view.



So, I was thinking about what a horrible thing it is too lose all your bookmarks, if your computer crashes, etc. And I always forget how to transfer them to a new computer. Plus, you know...I'm lazy. Whatever.

Anyhoo, I have a handy-dandy screen capture widget on my Dashboard and it occurred to me that if I opened up my "show all bookmarks" tab on Safari, I could capture it and save it as a document. Excellent!

I don't know if there is a Windows equivalent, especially in terms of ease, but capturing all my bookmarks took about, oh let's say, 2 minutes. Tops. Another reason Macs rule?? Yup, pretty much.

Wanna see an example?? Okay! :-D (Sorry it's kinda small - click it for BIG.)



Sure, there may be a gazillion other people who thought of this first but allow me to bask in the glow of my mighty brainpower for just a second before bursting my bubble. ;-)

Speaking of who may or may not rule...I love this commercial:



Kitteh from ICHC, of course.

Labels: , ,

 
posted by C2 at 7:12 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


At 4:07 AM, Blogger CindyS

I'm still trying to figure out what 'widgets' are. No, don't explain, someone else already tried and then I feel stupid. And well, lazy? She's always there ;)

Awwwww, I haven't seen that commercial. Course I tivo everything and haven't watched commercials in months if not the last year!!

CindyS

 

At 12:13 PM, Blogger C2

Cindy - there are bunches of the commercials with those cows but that one is my fave. :-D I can see the expressions on their faces just by listening to the voices.

I don't think I could explain about widgets even if you wanted me to. All I know is there are a gazillion of them available for download at apple.com and I surf by and download the ones that look interesting. Just think of them as very simple programs that hide until you click a button.