My top books!
10.27.2007

Yup, I managed to finish ranking them while taking a break from the sun (I don't want to get crispy, after all). I won't post the whole list but I did manage to drag out 100 - and I submitted them all just because it might help in the overall count.

So, without further ado, my top 50 (I did okay to about the 35 mark and then it was a struggle):

1 Kurland, Lynn Stardust of Yesterday
2 Brockmann, Suzanne Hot Target
3 Phillips, Susan Elizabeth Heaven Texas
4 Crusie, Jennifer Welcome to Temptation
5 Phillips, Susan Elizabeth Lady Be Good
6 Brockmann, Suzanne Force of Nature
8 Kenyon, Sherrilyn Dance with the Devil
7 Beverley, Jo My Lady Notorious
9 Beverley, Jo Devilish
10 MacGregor, Kinley Born in Sin
11 Chase, Loretta The Last Hellion
12 Curtis, Sharon & Tom The Windflower
13 Kinsale, Laura Flowers from the Storm
14 Kurland, Lynn The More I See You
15 Quinn, Julia The Duke and I
16 Robb, JD Naked in Death
17 Foley, Gaelen Princess
18 Gibson, Rachel True Confessions
19 Joy, Dara Mine to Take
20 Kleypas, Lisa Devil in Winter
21 Medeiros, Teresa Breath of Magic
22 Davis, Justine Lord of the Storm
23 Davis, Justine The Skypirate
24 Brockmann, Suzanne Letters to Kelly
25 Brockmann, Suzanne Gone Too Far
26 Chase, Loretta Lord of Scoundrels
27 Crusie, Jennifer Faking It
28 Gibson, Rachel See Jane Score
29 Kleypas, Lisa Dreaming of You
30 Phillips, Susan Elizabeth Fancy Pants
31 Phillips, Susan Elizabeth It Had to Be You
32 Kleypas, Lisa Lady Sophia's Lover
33 Phillips, Susan Elizabeth Match Me If You Can
34 Phillips, Susan Elizabeth Natural Born Charmer
35 Dodd, Christina A Well-Favored Gentleman
36 Holly, Emma Menage
37 Kenyon, Sherrilyn Fantasy Lover
38 Kleypas, Lisa Worth Any Price
39 Owens, Robin D. Heart Thief
40 Adair, Cherry Kiss and Tell
41 Brockmann, Suzanne Over the Edge
42 Holly, Emma Strange Attractions
43 Gracie, Anne The Perfect Rake
44 Crusie, Jennifer Bet Me
45 Brockmann, Suzanne The Unsung Hero
46 Ivory, Judith The Proposition
47 James, Eloisa Pleasure for Pleasure
48 Moning, Karen Marie The Dark Highlander
49 Skye, Christina Hour of the Rose
50 Ward, JR Lover Awakened

I haven't done the breakdown by author or genre or anything yet. I think I will, though. I'll update later.

:o)

ETA:

The breakdown of the 100:
By author -
Brockmann, Suzanne - 6
Phillips, Susan Elizabeth - 6
Kleypas, Lisa - 5
Kenyon, Sherrilyn - 4
Crusie, Jennifer - 3
Feehan, Christine - 3
Kurland, Lynn - 3
Medeiros, Teresa - 3
Quinn, Julia - 3
Sizemore, Susan - 3

By genre:
Contemporary - 28
Historical - 46
Paranormal - 19
Time Travel - 3
Futuristic - 4

Labels: ,

 
posted by C2 at 9:55 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


At 10:42 PM, Blogger Dev

Quite a list! I've heard of a lot of them, but there's some I need to look into. Guess I'll be adding more books the dreaded TBR :-)

 

At 2:44 AM, Blogger CindyS

I'm pretty sure I got your ballot to put into the spreadsheet.

Have you read any of Brockmann's Loveswepts? Awesome! I'm not a big fan of SEP but she's getting lots of votes.

Wow, your historical number is the highest but I sometimes consider paranormals to be contemporary. Not so much nowadays with 'new worlds' being created but I would count Dream Man as a paranormal contemporary.

Hope you are having fun in the sun you lucky lady!!

CindyS

 

At 11:44 AM, Blogger Jennie

Ooh, I didn't break mine down by genre, but now I want to. I'm guessing our percentages might about match, though I probably have less paranormals. I love my historicals too.

And I'm way jealous that you're at the beach. ;)

 

At 9:04 PM, Blogger C2

Dev - I know! Every time I see someone else's list, I start making notes. :o) Like the TBR needs increasing...yikes.

Cindy - you put my ballot in? Cool! I'm sure you did a fine job. ;-) I have read a good many of Suz's Loveswepts - they're very good - and finally they are being re-released (a few, anyway). You don't like SEP?? I love her! Obviously. :-D

Jennie - I was surprised at how many historicals popped up on my list...but I don't know why. I know I read way more of them. And I do love my paranormals, although good ones are few and far between nowadays, it seems. :o)

Sadly, I'm back from the beach now, peeps. :o( I'll post pictures soon - along with my thoughts on All Through the Night. I finish the audio book tonight. It's been excellent!