I am so it!
10.12.2007
Ames tagged me for the desktop grab meme that's going around - and for the big scoop and instructions, surf on over and read them...lazy?! Moi?? Why, yes, thanks. Anyhoo, now that I'm back in the land of Wi-Fi, I can post mine. I apologize in advance for the boringness that is me. At least I'm seasonal!



Yup, dull. With the iBook, I've never let my desktop clutter up (my work desktop is just sad). For a long time I didn't have anything on it - everything could come up from the dock. Hmmm...maybe I should try to do a screen cap with the dock showing.

Here we go -



Still boring but doesn't it make more sense now? No?? Whatever. ;-)

I'll post more about my adventures later. Dinner calls.

ETA: I'm back! My mom and my aunt and I had a lovely week of shopping and roaming. Did you know that Macy's has lots of stuff on clearance for $2.99?? Like the formerly $99 skirt my mom bought and the formerly $89 pants my aunt found. Cool! We love the bargains!

Also, we visited the Newport Aquarium and visited the fishies and penguins and otters. I LOVE penguins! And aren't otters some of the cutest critters evar?

The leaf peeping was disappointing - no color change. Blah. And the weather was bizarre - when we arrived on Monday, the high for the day was in the 90s. The high for the day on Thursday?? In the 50s! I'm ready for summer to be over but it could leave a bit slower, I'm thinking.

That's it for now! I'll post the week's book report later in the weekend.

Labels: , , ,

 
posted by C2 at 5:14 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


At 12:00 PM, Blogger ~ames~

That's a nice desktop. :P I like seasonal stuff too. But I'm always changing my desktop. I am not a consistent person. Haha

 

At 7:31 PM, Blogger C2

Not consistent?? Don't say it! :-D

Other than the seasonal business, I pretty much leave the iBook alone...the work computer is another story entirely. I don't know why.

 

At 1:40 AM, Blogger CindyS

Who could hate a penguin? Do you ever watch a show called Dirty Jobs? There was an episode where he had to go and clean out the penguin's house. YUCK! But it was hilarious because the penguins would hop all around him and you could tell they wanted to attack him.

How about that March of the Penguins movie? Had me crying it did but I had no idea what they did just for mating.

Also, your (US) sales blow our (Can) sales out of the water. That 90 dollar skirt wouldn't be on a clearance rack unless it was a size 0 and it would easily be over 20 bucks. I think the cheapest I can buy anything is for 5 bucks and it's normally a T-shirt.

Wow, talk about a whiner!

I'm glad you had a fun week of shopping. I love to shop but lately, I'm not feeling the joy.

cindyS

 

At 11:55 AM, Blogger C2

Oh Cindy - I can imagine the ickiness of cleaning up after the penguins...birds are birds, regardless. And birds are nasty. LOL But penguins are so cute!

I didn't find so much in our trek through the sales. It was mostly summer stuff, of which I have plenty, and I'm not in the mood to buy cold weather stuff yet - probably since we're still getting highs in the 80s here. I get hot just trying sweaters on (although I bought a couple that are really cute, all the same). ;-)