A TV recommendation...
11.12.2007
...so I'm taking a break from my tree-ing, peeps. And I thought I would let you know (I meant to do this weeks ago) that if you aren't watching Torchwood on BBC America - you should be! Any British peeps who might be lurking out there already know what I'm talking about and have seen the whole first season (fiends!).



It was spun off from Dr. Who. Now, I've never been a DW fan but I'm loving Torchwood so don't let that stop you from checking it out. Yes, if you start watching now, about half the season is over but BBC America is usually pretty good about marathons leading up to season finales so there will be a chance to catch up, most likely. And the DVD set of the first season will be out in January, too.

In other news bits, in case you didn't hear, AAR has the new Top 100 poll results up. I'll be comparing my list with the final results and reporting back in soon.

ETA: I counted up - 24 of my top 100 made it onto the big list and I've read about 74 (some I couldn't remember, one way or the other...so it may be more like 70). Eeek!

That's all for now, later, peeps!

Labels: , , ,

 
posted by C2 at 12:40 PM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


At 2:33 PM, Blogger ~ames~

Hello you wonderful person full of Christmas cheer. :P

How ya doing? How's the tree comin'?

I've never heard of torchwood, but if I ever see it on the boobtube, I will check it out.

 

At 3:15 PM, Blogger C2

Wheeeee! Full of something, anyway. LOL

The tree is coming along slower than I would like but it's coming...

Do you get BBC America in Canada? Or the other BBC channels? (I can see where either option is possible and I've never paid that much attention during my brief visits up north.)

I'm not sure which BBC channel Torchwood aired on in England but I think they are between seasons, at the moment. It's ever so good, though. :o)

 

At 7:03 PM, Blogger ~ames~

I know we get a BBC channel, but I'm not sure which one.

 

At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

Think it was on BBC2, but don't quote me.
I'd prefer Doctor Who myself - it's always a mixed bag, but there have been some fabulous episodes, and both Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant are great actors.

Torchwood can be fun, though. Have you got to the episode where Captain Jack meets the real Captain Jack?

 

At 6:09 PM, Blogger C2

Marianne - must you taunt me?? :-D We aren't up to that ep yet...I think it's coming in the next couple of weeks, though.

 

At 7:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Well, if you can't wait, you can find all the best bits on YouTube.
More fun to wait though, and see the whole episode.

Rather tenuous connection, but I don't suppose you saw his wedding pictures in the US?
It's not that I imagine him as Robin or Jules, but the atmosphere in the photos was lovely, and it's what I thought about when I read ATTN. (Very, very long link follows.)
http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.johnbarrowman.com/outabout/press/images/okcp5.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.johnbarrowman.com/outabout/press/2007/okcivilpartnership.html&h=300&w=341&sz=111&hl=en&start=6&tbnid=6O0HqUKGdhTa1M:&tbnh=106&tbnw=120&prev=/images%3Fq%3Djohn%2Bbarrowman%2Bkilt%26gbv%3D2%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DISO-8859-1

 

At 8:36 PM, Blogger C2

Awwww...they look so happy! How sweet! I agree about the atmosphere in the photos...totally reminscent of ATTN.

I hadn't seen the wedding pictures. I didn't know who John Barrowman was until I watched Torchwood for the first time. And then, about halfway through the episode, I realized he was also the singing Nazi MC from The Producers. I don't know why it took me so long to figure it out...I blame it on his blondness in the movie. LOL